Valentine’s Day is four days away and I have nothing really ready as far as home decor. So tonight after dinner, I decided to make a super simple DIY Valentine’s Day garland. The title probably sounds more impressive than it is, but I think it’s cute and makes the fireplace look festive.
- 3 sheets of pink cardstock (or any kind of paper)
- Ribbon (any kind will do – I used curleling ribbon)
- Heart stencil or cookie cutter (completely optional)
Here’s how to make it
- Fold the cardstock in half (hamburger-way)
- Draw a heart. You can either trace the stencil/cookie cutter or free-hand it (like I did, because I don’t have a heart stencil or cookie cutter)
- Cut out the heart – cutting both sides of the paper. This will make two hearts.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with the other two papers
- Cut little holes near the edge of the hearts (on both sides)
- Thread the ribbon through the holes
That’s it! Simple garland. If you’re like us and don’t want to have nails in our mantel, you can make a huge circle with the ribbon to loop around the top and tie in a not. That way, it just hangs on the mantel instead of having to tie or tape it up on each side.
What kinds of simple decorations have you made for Valentine’s Day? Share in the comments below!